Thursday, January 6, 2011

Traditional Pancake Recipe


I used up the last of the Vietnamese strawberries to make pancakes for AJ's breakfast. No maple syrup but a liberal sprinkling of cinnamon sugar! This pancake recipe is my favorite. I've used it for years, doubled it, too. I've added chocolate chips and slices of banana to the batter.  I've made pancake faces for the kids when they were little and enjoyed a stack of them for Stampede Breakfast at Mom and Dad's house. Here is my "sovereign" recipe for pancakes from the Betty Crocker Cookbook.

1 egg, beaten
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Spray cooking spray on a griddle on medium-high heat. Pour about a ladleful of batter on the hot griddle to make a four inch pancake.   When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake over. Cook on the other side about 30 seconds or until golden brown on the bottom.  One batch makes four pancakes. Of course, spoon less to make smaller pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment