Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Egg Muffin

That's right. I didn't leave out no "Mc"!

I made these muffins at 3 a.m. I have have such bad insomnia since I went back on the South Beach Diet. Anyway, I found this recipe for Egg Muffins on Kalyn's Kitchen which has a number of recipes dedicated to SBD. I liked it because it's been improved upon, but I used large eggs and had left over egg mixture. The recipe did state to use 12 eggs but did not stipulate what size eggs. Obviously large eggs were too large. I wish I had known that before. Still, it gave me the opportunity to use up the mummified veggies and leftover broccoli and peppers from dinner. I chopped them up along with three scallions and added them to the egg mixture. As you can see, I also have trouble following directions because I was supposed to put them in each cup before adding the beaten egg. I used salt and pepper instead of that Spike Seasoning, whatever it is. I know I'm grouchy. It's the lack of sleep.  The egg muffins came out pretty looking and didn't fall in the center as they did when I made them before. And how did they taste? As they say in Oz, not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment