Monday, July 12, 2010

More than one more day

I've been reading Joan Didion's The Year of Magical Thinking about mourning and grief after the sudden death of her husband. I came across this quote in the book from the film Robin and Marian (1976) when Marian tells Robin, "I love you more than even one more day." She speaks of an enduring love that lasts beyond time itself. Throughout the joys and upheavals, the one constant is connectedness and love's endurance. To me that expression of love and connectedness is in the kitchen, cooking and baking for one's family and friends. I hope you will join me on this culinary exploration, this adventure in the art from the heart.

3 comments:

  1. Bon Voyage on your new adventure, Jo Anne. I, for one, find New York just as exciting as Bangkok, and I've only visited New York! And it's good to have you on the same continent again.

    Fei Min

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Fei Min. I hope to hear from you more often too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on you're new blog. I know it will be as much fun for you as for you'r readers!
    Bruce J

    ReplyDelete